Here we have listed and linked a range of classroom resources; downloads, packs, videos, articles etc that can fit into a range of subjects. You may also know of others that have not been included – do let us know, if so, and we can share them here.
The resources here can allow teachers and students to explore some of the Yellow Flag themes in more depth and facilitate deeper research and understanding.
You can read more about how to do Classroom Work and how the resources can be used by going to Step 7 in your folder and on the website.
Building Traveller Culture and History into the Classroom
You will find many useful resources on Traveller culture in the below primary and post primary sections. But here are some of our personal favourites that were developed by friends of the Yellow Flag Programme:
- The Yellow Flag landing page on tacklebullying.ie has suggestions and advice on how to embrace Traveller culture in your classroom or youth space
- The beautiful animation, A Short History of Irish Travellers, by the Cork Traveller Women’s Network
- How To video by Kathleen Murphy on crafting Paper Flowers
- How To video by Kathleen Murphy on crafting a Wattle Tent
- Short stories from Why the Moon Travels by Oein DeBhairduin, with accompanying lesson plans from the Free to be Me resource packs by Children’s Books Ireland
Building Youth Leadership
Introducing the Yellow Flag Value Youth Leadership Toolkit
At the Yellow Flag Programme, we promote the value of Youth Leadership, that’s why we’ve worked to develop a toolkit to support youth participation and leadership.
The Toolkit was developed by young people in Diversity Committee’s across Yellow Flag schools, for young people starting out in their journey towards leadership.
Who is this Toolkit For?
This Toolkit was specifically designed to support young people at post-primary level to drive positive social change in their communities and schools through the Diversity Committee (Step 2 of the Yellow Flag Programme) and within leadership structures in schools.
As such, it is a great resource for teachers, with a wide variety of projects and activities to choose from. It is ideal for teachers who wish to support young people to join the Diversity Committee in their school.
What will you as a student have gained on completion of the toolkit?
- Developed a leadership skills and approach
- Developed teamwork skills and an approach
- Have a better understanding of intercultural competence
- Understand what influences stereotyping and prejudices
- Recognise your own stereotypes and prejudices
- Have a better understanding of advocacy
- Be more confident in advocating for yourself and others
- Have a toolkit of icebreakers and creative activities to use with groups
The Toolkit is available online now here Yellow Flag Youth Value Leadership Toolkit
This project was funded by Irish Aid’s Worldwise Global Schools and the Community Foundation Ireland
Primary & Post Primary Resources
Click the buttons below to read more about the Primary & Post Primary Resources.